Saturday, February 16, 2013

Just Havin' Fun!

Before Practice, Dean Dome 5 x 7 " oil on archival panel, ©2013, Fay Terry

$75.









Every year there is one open practice for the Carolina Tarheels and we love to attend this December event.  We arrive early for front row seats so we get to watch for awhile before practice even starts. I took lots of photos and decided to try this small painting. The players in the foreground are Dexter Strickland and Reggie Bullock.  I plan to use part of this scene in my next basketball painting and crop the photo differently so the players are larger.  It was certainly fun to paint, especially the court and the baskets. The practice lasts about two and a half hours and Roy runs a tough practice after which he answers questions from the spectators.

So for now, to paraphrase Michael Jordan and all the other player celebrities on the pre-game video, I'll just say, "I'm Fay Terry and I AM a Tarheel!

P.S. Help me expand my audience. If you think a friend may enjoy receiving  my daily paintings please feel free to forward it. They may subscribe themselves by going to my blog and hitting the subscribe button.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!