Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Summertime Treat

Watermelon From The Garden, 6 x 6 " oil on archival panel, ©2013, Fay Terry

$100.

There is nothing better to get you in the mood for gardening than to receive the annual seed catalogs in the mail. Their arrival got me thinking about growing these small round watermelons in our raised bed gardens.  We are already planning and ordering plants and seeds for the 2013 growing season. Fresh tomatoes, okra, watermelon, cucumbers, eggplant, and squash are the usual crops we enjoy. I'd love to hear of anything you'd recommend that you've had good luck with in your garden.


2 comments:

  1. Snuggled up trying to stay warm with snow & heavy snow predicted, your painting reminded me of warm summer days - hope they are not too far away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also hope the warm summer days are not far off, Teressa. I really appreciate your taking time to comment.
      I am painting another summery painting today, just because I am so ready for winter to be over--and I don't even live where it gets really cold, but we've had lots of cold dreary days.

      Delete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!