Monday, February 11, 2013

Old Fashioned Idea

Great Grandfather's Mustache Cup, 6 x 6 " oil on archival panel, ©2013, Fay Terry

$100. includes shipping
I have had my great grandfather's mustache cup for a while and decided to paint it. I love imagining it being used in the early twentieth century when mustaches were full and flowing, often waxed so that keeping them away from a hot beverage was a necessity.  This one is hand-painted and very pretty despite the fact that the bridge across the cup to keep a mustache dry kind of makes it look like a Batman cup. It is an interesting piece of history.

I hope you will leave a comment, no word verification required :) !



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!