Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!


I want to wish all of you a very Happy New Year!  I also want to thank you for following my art on this blog and for all the wonderful support you have given to me this year. It has been a fabulous art year for me with shows, travel, meeting new friends, and learning so much.
There are good things coming our way in 2013, a brand new year which contains unlimited potentiality.  I have a strong sense that this is going to be a wonderful twelve months ahead of us. Every year brings new challenges and in these we often find our best opportunities.

In looking back over my blog posts for 2012, I thought I might choose my favorite painting for the year, but that was far too difficult so I chose the one that most reminds me of the best way to grow as an artist, and that is to accept challenges and step out in faith to try new things.  The painting below was done last February from a challenge by one of my favorite artists, Terry Miura.  At first, I wasn't going to try painting from the photo he provided on his blog because it looked too difficult and was a subject I had never tried. Well, I did it and was glad.

Tomorrow I will be starting a challenge from Leslie Saeta to do 30 paintings in thirty days.  Check out her blog and you will be amazed at how many people are signed up already to do the challenge.  I am really looking forward to it.






3 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you too!
    Fay,
    Your paintings are beautiful! I like them! Wish you all the best, new challenges and many new artworks!
    I am glad to meet you at the Leslie's daily painting project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fay, I too tried TM's challenge last year in watercolour...and found it a difficult subject! I will be (am) following your 30 in 30. Just love your work and blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This car painting is a real winner! Very simplified shapes, and really good design.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!