Thursday, January 31, 2013

Springtime Ahead

Poppy Season, 6 x 6 " oil on archival panel, ©2013, Fay Terry

I love poppies and they are frequently planted along North Carolina highways. This is one flower that I really want to grow in my garden but the seeds must be planted in the fall so I missed the timing for Poppies in 2013.  I'll have to get them started next fall.
In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this painting from a photo I took several years ago in Italy.

This is painting number thirty for Leslie Saeta's painting challenge that began on January 2nd, which means:  I did it! I made it, and I loved doing it.  Thank you, Leslie, for inspiring so many artists to work so hard.

I will continue painting and posting every day even though this great January event is ending today.
Lots of new painting ideas are already on my list for February so please visit often to see my latest work.
Thank you for your interest in my art!

6 comments:

  1. Ha, Fay! I finally posted before you! I'm number 2 and you're number 3! Isn't it weird how I'm actually sad that today is finally here? I'm really going to miss seeing everyone's daily paintings. I'm going to make a list of all the artists that I want to stay in touch with, and you're one of them! Keep blogging, so I can see what you are up to! Have a great February! BTW, poppy paintings are always my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Spring colors and I love the scene. You have really created some lovely paintings in the last 30 days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the spattering of red flowers in this. Nice.

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful last painting for the challenge, Fay! I love those poppies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luscious painting. I have been painting poppies too but wow this is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!