Friday, January 18, 2013

Warm Light

Peter Rabbit Lamp, 6 x 6 " oil on archival panel, ©2013, Fay Terry
$100. includes shipping
Lamps are my favorite home accessory because they can make such a difference in a room. I found this cute lamp at One Eleven Main in Aberdeen. (You know, the great store that also sells Fay Terry original art.)
The shade of this lamp has a radish painted on it, which as Beatrix Potter fans may know,  is one of the vegetables Peter ate in Mr. MacGregor's garden. I have learned first hand the damage that little rabbits can do to one's garden! At least the deer seem to be staying away from my garden.
This is my painting for Day 17 of the thirty paintings in thirty days challenge.  Click HERE to see other paintings in the challenge.

5 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Fay! Gives a worming home feeling..
    Love the rabbit! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Irina, I am so glad you like the painting. Have a nice week-end!

      Delete
  2. Love the lamp painting....wonderful little sweet composition! You are rocking along in the 30/30 challenge! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely charming, Fay. The light shining down from the lamp is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fay..Nice painting...I am so impressed. You are the queen of the 30/30 group!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!