Sunday, January 27, 2013

Kitchen Teamwork

 Kitchen Teamwork, 6 x 6 " oil on archival panel, ©2013, Fay Terry

$100 includes shipping

This is another one in my series of chefs.  The most difficult thing for me is simplifying a complex scene.  I left out some of the other chefs working in the kitchen and attempted to paint just the essentials. 
The man in black is Christian Constant, a popular French chef.  He and his wife are the  owners of four restaurants in Paris, each one small and relatively inexpensive, but still focused on quality food.

I spent all day today painting...walls that is, in my studio.  It is overdue for some changes so we are in the process of having hardwood floors put in.  Getting the painting done before the floor finishers come next week seemed like a good week-end project.
Maybe I'll post some photos when it's all done.  I am getting rid of a lot, too, so that I can paint in a more streamlined environment.
Less than a week to go in the Leslie Saeta 30 paintings in 30 days challenge! I have learned so much by doing the challenge. Click on her name to see more challenge paintings.

13 comments:

  1. I like the focus and composition here- really nice Fay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your comment, Mary! The challenge has been very worthwhile.

      Delete
  2. Hey, Fay, this is a fun piece, nice shapes and animation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Carol. I hope your event went well last night.

      Delete
  3. Very nice painting, as always! Just signed up to get your daily posts. Can't believe that you actually had time to paint your studio walls! I barely have time to complete the 30-in 30 paintings each day. Looking forward to balance back in my life in February, but really have enjoyed this challenge, and have met so many new friends, you included!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen, it has been a special month. My laundry, cooking, and housework have all been pushed aside most days, but I'll catch up next month. I am so happy that you have signed up, I'll try to keep it interesting!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I appreciate your stopping by to comment, Dottie. Can't believe the January calendar is about to run out on us. It seems, in some ways like we just started this challenge.
      Time flies...

      Delete
  5. I bet you have simplified this scene, it's got to include lots more being a kitchen. Unbelievable that you got it all into a 6 x 6. I will have to come back and read what you did in your studio, maybe the streamlining will rub off on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pattie and thanks for your kind comment and encouragement! I hope you will come back often and visit my blog. I'll be watching what you are up to artistically too!

      Delete
  6. Well done Fay, hard subject you have handled it well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your composition! And I love paintings with strong contrast - black and white in addition to color! Congratulations on getting your space up-dated and streamlined that will be great for you creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fay..This painting is very impressive. A really challenging subject..you eliminated a lot I am sure.It is really well done...love the back ground colors..love all of it...Good going!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!