Monday, January 7, 2013

Colored Glass, Day Six

Glassy Reflections, 6 x 6 " oil on archival panel, ©2013, Fay Terry
$100. includes shipping
These are my two favorite glass objects right now and I put the lemon in so there would be a non-transparent object in the painting. I am in love with the way the dish and the glass cast subtle reflections of their color onto the tablecloth.  I just wish I had more glass objects to use. Clear glass is just not as much fun as the colors.
Today and yesterday have both been great painting days for me.  I seem to be getting into a rhythm that I was unable to access during the busy holiday preparation and celebration times. When I follow the same pattern each day I am so much more productive and happy with my paintings.
I hope you like this colorful trio!

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful assortment of colors and I agree with Sylviane,you have really captured the translucent feel of glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the glass! Nice color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, really good glass painting - not easy to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fay - I like how you painted one glass behind another so the transparency happens and makes a new color. Your composition is interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have really painted these colored glass pieces nicely, and adding the lemon was a great choice. Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!