Sunday, January 13, 2013

Plenty Of Apples

Apple Abundance, 8 x 8 " oil on cradled panel, ©2012, Fay Terry
$125 includes shipping
wired and ready to hang
I love seeing these apples on a beautiful platter decorated with oranges around the edge.  Maybe it's because I love both fruits and have always liked the expression about not comparing apples to oranges, which indicates a false analogy has been made.
While I am on this subject, I want to mention one of my favorite paintings,  'Apples And Oranges", by Paul Cezanne.
I hope ya'll are having a great week-end.  We are enjoying very warm temperatures here.

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I appreciate your comment, Celia! We are almost to the halfway point of the 30 day challenge.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Prabha! I love still life paintings, but I love painting everything.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Margaret, it's been fun getting to know you during this challenge. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. You too, Page. I love the paintings from Mexico!
      Thanks for your support in the challenge.

      Delete
  5. The colors are exceptional. Like this a lot, Fay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Claire. I do love bold color!
      We are almost halfway there.

      Delete
  6. I like it too! Simple and strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sally, thanks. I am suddenly using a lot of red. I guess that's the color for passion
      about painting.

      Delete
  7. Fay, I love the red apples and the cool contrasted colors ... wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!