Sunday, August 16, 2015

View From Fish Beach


This is the start of a painting one early morning after I set up my easel on Fish Beach, looking toward the dock. I was able to block in the basic shapes before leaving the site. I think that I captured the color notes that I saw and I will continue working on this one in my studio. It is a 9 x 12" oil on linen panel. The sky was beautiful, so I plan to work on that area to give it more depth. There were beach roses growing in one area on the rocks and other things I would like to bring to completion.

Thank you for following my blog.

2 comments:

  1. This is turning into a lovely painting Fay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're nailing it. So many perspectives to get and you're spot on!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!