Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Katie On Monhegan Island

Katie, 6 x 6 " oil on gessobord panel, ©Fay Terry, 2015

click HERE to purchase with credit card or Paypal
$100 plus ten dollars domestic shipping
sold unframed

I was fortunate to be able to take a few pictures of this beautiful Toy Poodle one afternoon when I was painting on Monhegan.  Katie's owner had kindly taken some photos of the artists at work, which we were very pleased to have. 
Seeing this dog made me miss my own wonderful dog, Camden. She is a black standard Poodle and I've had her for eleven years. She used to come to Maine, but now that much of my time is spent painting when I am in Maine, she no longer travels with me when I make the long drive north. 
 I took a few photos of sweet and cooperative Katie. This is the first of several that I plan to paint. I may do this pose again in a larger format.

The Toy Poodle is remarkably intelligent, it is said to be one of the most trainable breeds. They are cooperative, perky, and lively; they like to be with people. These dogs are delightful, very amusing, and keen.

Here I am painting in a shady spot
enjoying the scene I have chosen to paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!