Thursday, June 14, 2012

Green Thumb Envy

Cape Cod Window, 6 x 6 " oil on archival panel, ©2012, Fay Terry



When I visit friends and relatives in New England it amazes me how beautiful their window boxes and gardens are at the peak of summer. Flowers in our hot humid climate often fizzle by late July. This year may be different here since we have had almost no days in the 90's. Nothing is choking for lack of water and the water use restrictions we sometimes have are not  mentioned.
I am betting on one thing though. If the heat does get bad, I have friends in cool places that I will be visiting, looking at their gardens with envy.




1 comment:

  1. Wonderful colors, Fay! So far our flowers in South Carolina are holding up well.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!