Monday, June 25, 2012

Sweet Temptation

Summer Staple, 6 x 6 " oil on archival panel, ©2012, Fay Terry


It takes time to set up a still life and decide on the best arrangement for the subject.  Today I got this all worked out and ready to paint when I realized I had left something I needed downstairs. With great trust, I left my dear dog Camden in my studio and was gone for about three minutes. When I returned, she had the triangular piece down on the floor, happily slurping up several bites. I did not think it was cute. 
Much of the piece was missing so I had to fill it in not as I saw it, but as I imagined it must have looked before it was half eaten. She was banished from the studio for the rest of the day.
I was pretty mad at her, but  what was I thinking leaving her alone with such a sweet, juicy, temptation!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!