Monday, June 11, 2012

On The Cutting Board

Handy Snack, 6 x 6" oil on panel, ©2012, Fay Terry


Most of my favorite snacks are crunchy. Nuts and seeds top the list, closely followed by raw vegetables.
It has been said that no one ever craves broccoli and this is a truth I can attest to. I do, however, get great satisfaction from snacking on crunchy carrots, radishes, cauliflower, celery, and broccoli. These are   succulent summer snacks fresh from the garden or the farmers market.
I find radishes very appealing just plain if they have been harvested at the proper time and are still tender and sweet. One of my early fascinations was watching my grandmother make radish roses for a garnish. She taught me how to do this many years ago. Painting these radishes brought those hand carved roses to mind so I think now I will have to give it a try once again.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!