Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Small Harvest

Garden Variety, 8 x 8 " oil on 3/4" cradled panel, ©2012, Fay Terry


painting is ready to hang

These are the vegetables I picked today from our garden. Cherry tomatoes and bell peppers are plentiful. It took awhile for the yellow squash to start producing. ( I'll paint some in my next garden painting.) There have been many blossoms but maybe the bees weren't doing their job and pollinating them. We have several raised beds and have finally streamlined our planting so that we have enough for us and a little to give away to friends.
We began our married life with a ridiculously large garden which took hours of labor. Now we enjoy our small plantings. We did much canning and freezing in those days.
I am looking forward to the eggplant and the big tomatoes that are almost ripe.  Then I can make one of my summer favorites, Ratatouille.




1 comment:

  1. Great shadow values on the table cloth. I am really looking forward to gardening in Ohio.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!