Wednesday, June 6, 2012

French Blue Shutters

Vines Above The Door, 8 x 10 " oil on canvas panel, ©2012, Fay Terry

Every once in awhile I feel the need to revisit France with a painting of something charming that I saw and photographed.  This candleholder above the door could be reached from the window above it to provide light for visitors and friends.
The shadows on this particular day were very cool and blue.  I wish I could remember the name of the town where this pretty house is.  It is somewhere in the Dordogne region.
If you are thinking of art for a Father's Day gift, this would be a good choice. I have sold several that will be opened on June 17th and I am always excited to help plan a surprise!






2 comments:

  1. Painting is an art or a special god’s gift. We can put all our imaginations on the paper by colourful painting:) The post is awesome, and the idea of candle holder is brilliant:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charente, thank you so much for your delightful comment. I am so glad the painting gave you pleasure.

      Delete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!