Thursday, June 7, 2012

New Rituals

Peach Plate, 6 x 6 " oil on panel, ©2012, Fay Terry

This was my breakfast this morning after an early painting start. Summer seems to call for some new ways of doing things. I plan to begin painting first thing in the morning to see what it will feel like. I have always admired five a.m. painters like Lisa Daria who paints before the day gets busy.
I may not make it that early, but I have been thinking how enjoyable these summer mornings are, so I may as well make the best use of their beautiful light , coolness, and energy.
This will enable me to post earlier, too, which got me thinking after a friend told me she would not go to bed until she received my daily painting.  What a nice compliment!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!