Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Man In Uniform

Guarding The Palace, 6 x 12" oil on panel, ©2012, Fay Terry



This is my first painting of a person in uniform. The full uniform of the Queen's Guards is something I  knew little about. The tall cap weighs  one and a half pounds and is made from Canadian black bearskin. The search for a synthetic substitute has not yielded a suitable alternative. I was drawn to the photo my daughter Caitlin took recently and she graciously let me use it.
 London will soon embrace the Olympics and many of us will be watching the events. It will be fun to cheer on Team USA!


1 comment:

  1. Fay, this painting is just perfect! Great job on the arch. I will be there in just two days!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!