Friday, September 12, 2014

Twelve Of Thirty

View From The Lodge, 6 x 12" oil on panel ©2014, Fay Terry

These trees made quite an impression on me on a recent visit to Sea Island, Georgia. We arrived  just in time for lunch and were seated facing this view. The shadows on the grass and the long expanse of the ocean made me want to paint this scene.
Every evening between six and seven a bagpiper stood in the shade and played the pipes. He gradually moved from one end of the lawn to the other.  It was a beautiful sight and the music was well suited to the early evening atmosphere with nice breezes coming off the water.
I really enjoy painting long rectangular paintings once in awhile; they are a nice change from my usual square daily paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!