Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Thirty Of Thirty

Sea Island Golf Club, 6 x 6 " oil on panel, ©2014, Fay Terry

$100 plus shipping

This was the view from our balcony when we stayed at the Lodge at Sea Island where my husband attended a meeting. I did a few drawings of the golfers while I was sitting outside. I decided to paint this one because I liked the abstract feel of the major shapes and the fun of placing the tiny golfers in the composition. The blue in the back is water, and this course has lots of it. This ends my series of Island paintings, which turned out to be a good theme.

The thirty day challenge ends today and I want to thank Leslie Saeta for inviting us to participate. I learned a lot, met some great artists and improved my studio painting time by starting earlier in the day. 

Since we live in a town known for its numerous golf courses, particularly Pinehurst Number Two,  which recently hosted the Men's and Women's US Opens, I think I may spend more time doing some larger golf paintings. I am looking forward to getting back to working on some commissions and a couple of really big paintings.
Thanks for following my progress through September's challenge and for your comments. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Love this. I agree, I learned a lot during the challenge and I've loved following you in it, but I'm glad it's over!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!