Thursday, September 25, 2014

Twenty Five Of Thirty

Costa Rica Sunset,  6 x 6 " oil on panel, ©2014, Fay Terry

$100 plus shipping


Painting a subject that you have not attempted previously is often not what you expected. This is a dramatic sunset that I photographed in Costa Rica; I expected to spend a long time on it but I found that I did not want to disturb the strokes of paint that I put into the sky so I left it alone. Since the water had been painted first, then all I had remaining to paint was the sailboat and finally the sun.

I would like to try more of these but would like to be outdoors looking at the event as it happens and try to capture it. I guess it doesn't hurt to practice so I'll be ready next time I get a chance to paint the sunset.

1 comment:

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!