Monday, September 29, 2014

Twenty Nine Of Thirty

Ölund, Summer Sheep, 6x8" oil on linen panel, ©2014, Fay Terry

$110 plus shipping

Here is a painting that I have wanted to paint for quite a while; I spotted the sheep on a visit to Sweden. This was late on Midsummer's Eve. 
It never really got dark at all and when we finally got to sleep, the roosters began crowing about two a.m. It was one of the best stays on an island that I ever had. Midsummer was incredibly fun, especially dancing after the midsummer pole was raised.


2 comments:

  1. Nice one! I spent a year in Sweden in the 70's. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They seem to be getting ready to dance too. Enjoy seeing the transition from foreground to the water. My eye is traveling with those nicely painted sheep. We have relatives in Stockholm... I love visiting Northern European countries in the summer. Again, another lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!