Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Vibrant Color

                          Citrus Set-up, 6 x 6 " oil on archival panel, ©2013, Fay Terry

This is a small still life that I set up in my studio in order to work on some of the ideas in Patti Mollica's book, Color Theory.  I practiced mixing some of the combinations given for vibrant colors and they definitely are.  The background is a gray that I mixed from pthalo blue, thio violet, cad yellow light, and white. It appears more gray in the painting than what you see in the photo. I may do this again and focus more on value, this time I was playing with color.

The book is full of information and Patti explains the concepts very well.

Thanks for looking at my daily paintings.

1 comment:

  1. Really nice Fay...I have that book..Nancy Colella gave it to me!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!