Sunday, April 21, 2013

Fruitful Endeavors

Glowing Closer, 6 x 6 " oil on panel, ©2013, Fay Terry

$100

I am back to painting fruit and I love setting up a simple still life in my studio to work on a specific idea. Right now I am trying different background colors and different shadow colors based on a triad of Cerulean blue, cadmium yellow light , and Quinacridone magenta. The grayed down colors are a nice compliment to the apples and are less saturated than the pure colors used in the fruit. (The shadow is not nearly as purple as it appears in the photo.)

I spent some time this afternoon in my studio with two sleeping dogs who are worn out from running  on the beach this week end. A good time was had by all.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this color combination, Fay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of working deliberately to figure things out in the studio. I'd like to try working with Cerulean, a color that's really never been on my palette. There just isn't enough time, right Fay?

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!