Thursday, April 4, 2013

Citrus Fruit

Lonely Lemon Wedge, 6 x 6 " oil on gessobord, ©2013, Fay Terry

$100



This is a follow up to my fruit painting done on Tuesday, which you may remember.  I used the same colors today and I like the result.  The shadows were all done with Pthalo blue, thio violet, and cad yellow light.
 I also used Gamblin transparent orange, a touch of raw umber on the lemon, viridian, zinc yellow, and cobalt turquoise in the tablecloth.  It is not often that I really keep track of the colors I use but I have enjoyed doing something a little different this week.

4 comments:

  1. This really is super Fay. I love seeing this unfold. What a different painting than Tuesday yet both are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susan. That's one good thing about 6 x 6 paintings, they are good for experimentation.

      Delete
  2. Love the colors..Pleasing piece all the way around

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Page! I am learning more and more from all my blogger friends.

      Delete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!