Thursday, April 25, 2013

Cheerful Colors

Sunflowers In Chinese Red Vase, 6 x 6 " oil on panel, ©2013, Fay Terry

$100 

I have always loved sunflowers and we usually grow them every summer from seeds.  When we were first married, we loved in the country not far from Raleigh and had a huge vegetable garden. We grew sunflowers so we could harvest the seeds to feed the birds in the winter. Now when we grow them I can't keep the birds from eating them all summer, so by the end of the season there are none left to save.


2 comments:

  1. How wonderfully you captured the china red vase! and the background and bright yellow work so beautifully. LOVELY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. I always appreciate your wonderful comments. It is always fun to have something bright red in a painting and I was hoping it would not draw attention away from the Sunflowers.

      Delete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!