Thursday, March 21, 2013

Long Legs

Finding The Light, 6 x 6 " oil on archival panel, ©2013, Fay Terry

$100 includes shipping

I just love the stance of this chicken.  This is about the third time I have painted this one and each painting looks totally different because I was focusing on a different concept each time.
Today I was really thinking about warm and cool colors and I am happy with the way this one turned out because the bird really stands out from the background area.

In other news, I went to one of the first Palustris Festival events in Southern Pines last night. It was the opening of the "Double Takes" exhibition which showcases photographs and one painting for each photograph.  I  got to meet Marti Derleth,  the photographer who took the photo "Barnyard Love".
You may recall that I posted the painting that I did of the horse and pig  recently.   I was surprised to learn that she took the photo in the Cayman Islands. We have a large number of horse farms in this area and I thought it might have been taken locally.

Thanks so much for viewing! Please contact me to purchase this one and I'll put up a Paypal button for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!