Tuesday, January 6, 2015

30 Paintings In 30 Days-Day 6

It's Strawberry Season Somewhere, 6 x 6 " oil on gessobord panel, ©2015, Fay Terry

$125.

I love these in this pretty glass dish which was a special gift from dear friends which I couldn't wait to use and paint.
It is so great to have fruit like this in the winter instead of waiting until May in North Carolina for the berries to ripen. While I still prefer locally grown produce, I have been surprised recently at the flavor and quality of some of the imports, particularly blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries. It certainly increases the fresh fruit choices.

5 comments:

  1. Agreed. Beautiful colors and glorious berries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how you can fall in love with s piece of glass. I do it all the time. Vibrantly lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is great to have these berries in the Winter. My grandboys were with me New Year's for three days, and they ate both blueberries and strawberries every morning. Love the way you have painted these. The colors are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the berries as well as the fruit!!! Luscious color!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!