Thursday, December 20, 2012

Counting The Days

Christmas Camellias, 8 x 8 x 1.5" oil on gallery wrapped canvas, ©2012, Fay Terry

Everything is falling into place here as the beehive of construction activity winds down and these flowers are going to be adorning our new kitchen as soon as the freshly refinished floor is dry.  I can hardly wait to try out my new gas oven by baking cookies and bread in the next few days.
I loved getting time in my studio to paint these flowers, arranged in one of my favorite handmade pottery vases.  It felt so good to be reminded of the beauty in nature and of flowers that bloom even in the winter.
I hope you find something beautiful to look at today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!