Saturday, December 29, 2012

More Colored Glass

Cranberry Glass Admiring Green Dish, 6 x 6" oil on archival panel,©2012, Fay Terry


Today I decided to add another glass color, using a Cape Cod Cranberry glass from my grandmother's collection.  The shadows and reflections are so unique and fun to paint. I wish I had more colors of glass to try out. 
One of my favorite artists, Brenda Ferguson, almost always works in series and I have wanted to paint in series for quite a while so I am hoping this glass  painting will lead me to another idea to try next.

I hope you are enjoying this holiday week and looking forward to the new year as much as I am.  It always feels like a fresh start and I love knowing that the days are getting longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!