Friday, December 28, 2012

Glass Dish

Lemon In Back, 6 x 6 " oil on archival panel, ©2012, Fay Terry


Today I decided to work on painting colored glass. I found this cute little green glass bowl at the Habitat store and finally got around to using it in a still life.  I love using two solid objects and one translucent one since they all have interesting shadows.
I am also working on composition and having at least one object going off the edge, in this case two.  I love the little triangle of red in the back corner.

1 comment:

  1. I happened to be browsing around and saw this painting. I love the way it's painted. I just bought four glass objects at an antique festival this weekend and I hope I can paint them this well.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!