Sunday, October 27, 2013

National Pumpkin Day

Pumpkin Picnic, 6 x 8 " oil on canvas panel, ©2013, Fay Terry

$100.

I was attracted to the light and shadows first, but then I liked the fact that each pumpkin seemed to have its own personality and they all looked like good friends getting together for a picnic.
This had a busy background of people walking past which I chose to leave out. I am trying out a new canvas panel by Raymar and I like it but I have some others I want to paint on before I order more.
I still like gessobord, especially for the small square paintings, but it's fun to try new materials.

It was my intention to post this yesterday for National Pumpkin Day, but it got too dark to photograph it.
 Did you know the world record pumpkin weighs 2,032 pounds and was grown in the Napa Valley?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!