Friday, April 20, 2012

Collecting Tablecloths

Fay Terry, SUMMER TABLECLOTH, 6 x 6 " oil on gessobord panel,©2012




There seems to be a dearth of good-looking tablecloths so I tend to hold onto old ones longer, especially bright colors, stripes, and fun patterns. These are especially useful in the summertime to take to the beach or throw over a picnic table, which is where this one was pressed into service. Speaking of pressing, I usually try to avoid it, and sometimes spray one with wrinkle releaser and smooth it out if it looks too wrinkly.  I'll be on the lookout for more and I know that artist Carol Maguire has a really nice line of table linens that she designed based on some of her own paintings, which I love.  Carol's linens can be seen HERE



1 comment:

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!