Friday, April 27, 2012

Time To Head To The Beach


Fay Terry, PLAYING AT THE BEACH, 6 x 6 " oil on panel ©2012

SOLD

With a commitment to building a more vibrant blog, I signed up for the 4-week Blog Triage class with Cynthia Morris and Alyson Stanfield.  Today's assignment is to describe the people I want to visit and read my blog.

My intent when I started this blog more than a year ago was to present a small, colorful gift to the blogosphere each day and hone my painting skills by maintaining a high level of artistic discipline. 
Since that time, I have posted a painting nearly every single day.
When I think of the future of my blog, I realize that I want even more art collectors among my audience.  These are enthusiastic followers who tend to buy paintings that strike their fancy. With these collectors and with my fellow artists, I am looking for ways to create a conversation on my blog.
It is natural to enjoy pleasant comments from viewers, but I want to evoke more detailed comments, critical reactions, and more of an artistic give and take. I have no idea how to do this, but I would love to see an interchange that goes beyond "nice painting".
Finally, I want to inspire gallery owners and people who write about art to visit my blog on a regular basis.  I realize this is going to require additional work on my part.
It is easy to "connect" on the internet, but how do you converse? How do you generate a meaningful conversation about art, or about anything else for that matter?
I feel certain that I am going to discover many answers during the next month. I invite you to send me your feelings, ideas, and reactions.  It is fine to disagree with me about anything I write.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Fay! I'm loving the idea of a daily infusion of color painting. And the current beach theme is inspiration today - it's a bit chilly in Albuquerque! Like you, I'm interesting in the conversation. Looking forward to our connection with Blog Triage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear from you, Mary Ellen! Thanks so much for joining my site. I think one of the best aspects of our class is going to be getting to know and learning from our classmates. So far I am really loving it.

      Delete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!