Saturday, September 5, 2015

North Carolina School Bus

Going To School, 6 x 8 " oil on Raymar panel, ©2015, Fay Terry

$100. plus $10 domestic shipping
click HERE to purchase

Seeing a school bus on the road always brings back memories of walking my students to their buses at the end of each day. Teaching was a wonderful experience for me, one that I still miss. I taught first grade for three years and Kindergarten for seventeen years. I worked in Raleigh,Winston-Salem, and Greenville. 

It is interesting to know that North Carolina operates 13,349 buses this school year with 779,127 students being transported every day. A student's average morning ride time is 23 minutes.
My children were fortunate to be picked up and dropped off right across the street from our house by the same driver all through elementary school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!