Sunday, September 13, 2015

Mountain Apples

Mountain Apples, 6 x 8 " oil on linen panel, ©2015, Fay Terry

$100 plus $10 domestic shipping
click HERE to purchase

The apple orchards of the Blue Ridge Mountains are some of the best when you want fresh and delicious apples. We like making a trip to Hendersonville, North Carolina where there are dozens of beautiful orchards to choose from.
It seems that most everyone has a favorite apple and more varieties are being grown. My choice is Honey Crisp because the texture is just right and they live up to their name. It is hard to find anything but the super size of these apples in the markets, so you need to have someone to share it with.

I recently read that apples can contribute far more to our good health than was previously determined. New evidence links an apple a day to keeping skin young looking and other desirable anti-aging benefits. 
What's your favorite apple?

1 comment:

  1. Granny Smiths but I only eat them if I peel them. I don't like the feel of the peels. I don't eat them very often. Love this though.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!