Monday, May 6, 2013

Spring Bovine

Cowlick, 6 x 6 " oil on panel, ©2013, Fay Terry

$100 and free shipping

This cow is such a beautiful caramel color and I love the little swirl at the top of her head.
This is a painting that I would love to do in a larger format, perhaps 24 x @24 inches. I would love to hear your opinion on the green background. If I paint a larger one I might want a different color. Other suggestions, maybe?

Thanks for commenting and emailing me about these little dailies. It really keeps me highly motivated, especially when you tell me you can't go to sleep until you've seen my painting, and other nice things like that!
I have been  working on some larger paintings as well (some 24x30's, and 16x20's).

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting Fay! One of my favorites. I like all the colors you worked into the cow. I like the green background but those decisions are always so hard for me. The green does compliment the soft reds in his fur. I would keep it similiar or play around with the values. It will look great on a bigger canvas. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!