Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Outside My Window

Closely Observed, 6 x 6 " oil on museum quality panel, ©2012, Fay Terry
available soon at Festival of Trees

I recently walked into my bedroom and spotted this little bird looking in at me.  I hastily grabbed my camera and hoped that I could get at least one photo.  It turns out I had an interested observer checking me out, in no hurry to leave. I was able to snap several pictures and have seen him several more times  in the same spot.
This is the male Cardinal, naturally the female is much less showy and quite plain.  This is also the state bird on North Carolina.

If you attend the Festival Of Trees for the benefit of Sandhills Children's Center, this is one of the paintings that will be for sale in the Festival Marketplace on Saturday, November 10th.  My 2013 calendars will also be available for purchase along with some of my small daily paintings in the One Eleven Main shop set up in the Grand Ballroom of the Carolina Hotel.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!