Friday, October 12, 2012

Dazzling Leaves

Peak Color, 6x6" oil on museum quality panel, ©2012, Fay Terry


This is another version of the Dogwood tree I painted a couple of days ago and I am pleased with the result. This time I massed in the tree with a combination of Alizarin Crimson and Venetian Red.  This was dark but not bright, allowing the brighter colors I added later to stand out much more. Also I did not add any white to lighten the leaf colors so they remained stronger.
 I decided the contrast of blue sky in the background helps make the tree really pop. I may do a larger version of this one.

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely Fay...Great to have the time to let you know how much I like your bog and work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,Page, I am always so happy to hear from you. Isn't it amazing how full our days can get sometimes? It's nice to be able to catch your breath.

      Delete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!