Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Last Of A Favorite

Bedroom Iris, 6 x 6 " oil on gessobord panel, Fay Terry ©2012

It's always nice to have flowers in the house to add  unexpected color and beauty to a room. While I was trying to think of a title for this painting, the expression "bedroom eyes" popped into my head.  Though I am not sure exactly what it means, I get the gist. These are in our bedroom for a good reason.
Our cat, Bentley, loves to attack flowers and plants so we always look for a high spot that he can't jump up to and start nibbling on the flowers. Just about any foliage indoors attracts him but he seems to favor roses more than anything else and goes after the leaves. We have the perfect spot, on top of an armoire that is too high for cats, but still great for flowers.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!