Thursday, May 3, 2012

End Of Day Painting

Fay Terry, FLOWERING HERB, 6 x 6 " oil on panel


I was on the beach this morning at seven o'clock walking with my poodle, Camden.  On second thought, I was walking and she was running non-stop, cavorting across sand bars and crashing into waves. The best part was that we were the only ones on the beach for the whole time we were there. The day got busier after that.
I dropped off some paintings at the gallery in Southport, photographed a large flock of Ibis that will be great painting material, and replaced a battery in a smoke detector before driving back to Pinehurst.  The temperature was ninety one when I arrived home and I wanted to relax with a large glass of ice tea.
Instead I picked a handful of chives and went into my studio.  The result is shown above and reminds me that  even doing a painting at the end of a long day feels good.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!