Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Flowering Apricot Tree


Flowering Apricot Tree
These trees bloom in mid winter or early spring before the leaves come onto the branches.  It is really magical to see something in bloom this early, although not as surprising this year since we have had such a warm winter here in Zone seven.  I took quite a few photos of these gorgeous trees last week at a church not far from my home.  Most of them showed the trees from the ground up, but then I remembered the wonderful painting I saw in Philadelphia at the Van Gogh Exhibition. The title of Vincent's painting shown below is "Almond Blossom" and it is one of my new favorites.

6x6 in. oil on panel







2 comments:

  1. the tree is beautiful...
    away from being realistic by the selection of colors...

    congrats...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely beautiful painting. It made me stop browsing for "trees in bloom" because of the fabulous colors that just made me happy!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!