Friday, February 3, 2012

Artichoke Halves


Artichoke Halves
I bought  artichokes to cook for dinner and the first one that I cut did not have the pretty purplish red coloring in the center that is usually found there.  So... I cut the second one open and found it to be really beautiful inside.  Since I had just gotten this pretty new table-runner from IKEA, I decided it would be the background and I set it up in my new shadow box. I am getting much better shadows this way.

6 x 6 in. oil on museum quality panel




3 comments:

  1. love the color palette in this....very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to work my way back to using brighter colors, which I used to do and I have gotten more subdued lately. I love hearing from you, Dottie, thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. Nice, nice nice! I love the pink and the echo of it in the artichokes. Lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!