Sunday, January 15, 2012

Satsuma Orange


Satsuma Orange
When I was choosing oranges at the market, I picked this one
because of the very large leaf attached to it.  The others I bought all 
had leaves attached, none quite as dramatic as this.
Here is a little info I found out about these oranges-
"Satsumas have that perfect balance of sweet and tart, with a rounded flavor and a great acid edge, and they just melt in your mouth." (This came from "Cooking Light" magazine)
 Satsumas, a Japanese variety named for a former province of that country, were developed in the 16th century and introduced to Florida in 1876. Today most American satsumas are grown in California, followed by coastal Louisiana and Alabama, where mild winters allow the fruit to flourish.
6 x 6 in. oil on museum quality panel
$100. includes shipping



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!