Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Island Mermaid

Monhegan Mermaid, 8 x 8 " oil on panel, ©2013, Fay Terry

$125 with free shipping

This is one of my favorite sights on Monhegan Island, and we walked past it several times each day.
This painting was so much fun to paint, I had never painted a mermaid until now and I think I will look for others to paint, especially if they are on signs. The seagull above her and the entire sign look as if they were hand carved. It is very old so it would be interesting to know its history.

Thanks for looking at my art! It is always great to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. Charming memory of a gorgeous place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sweet ! I finally visited Monhegan this summer myself and sure hope to return next for longer. Do more mermaids Fay!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!