Sunday, May 3, 2015

Paint The Town

Curl Up And Dye, 9 x 12" oil on Raymar panel, ©2015, Fay Terry
I was drawn to this adorable little hair salon on Chapel Hill Road in Cary.

I had a wonderful day at the Cary Plein Air event. It included thirty North Carolina plein air artists who painted from eight a.m. to six p.m. Not only was the weather fantastic but also the town gave us a well organized event which began with having our canvases or panels stamped and ended with the opportunity to submit two paintings into a show that will be seen in twenty host businesses in town.

The paintings will return to the Arts Center and be hung there for the culminating event.
On the evening of May 29th the Paint The Town gala and silent auction will be held at the Cary Arts Center with live music, dancing, food, beer, and wine. You are invited to come and see all the wonderful paintings and join in the fun. 

I'll show you the second painting I did on Saturday when I post again. Thanks for your interest in my art!

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love this building. Those pink doors are to DYE for. Love hearing about the event and would love to talk to you about how it was organized etc.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!