Friday, June 6, 2014

Twenty Feet Tall

Head In The Clouds, 18 x 36 " oil on wrapped canvas© 2014, Fay Terry

Available soon at One Eleven Main, Aberdeen

This is the second painting I have completed of a beautiful giraffe at the North Carolina Zoo in Asheboro. I loved the shadow falling on his neck.
 We are fortunate to live about an hour from this wonderful zoo.  It is on a 2,200 acre tract of land in the Uwharrie Mountains and is one of the largest natural habitat zoos in the U.S.
(The background of this is much greener that it appears in the photo)

3 comments:

  1. I loved the shadow on his neck too. First thing I noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fay
    This tickles me down to my toes. What a great expression.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the format, shadows and shapes here. This came together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!