Thursday, June 12, 2014

Painting on Bald Head Island


Today I had the pleasure of taking a class with North Carolina landscape artist Joanne Geisel.
Some of you may know that I'm spending the week on Bald Head Island painting during the U.S. Open in my home town of Pinehurst.

I signed up for a class which was held at All About Art Gallery on the island. Joanne is an excellent teacher and it was fun learning her process for the beautiful paintings she produces. Here is a link to her website.
We painted from Joanne's wonderful photos which she generously let us use.
I took a few photos of Joanne's demo to show you some of the steps.
Here's the underpainting with raw umber.
Covering the three unequal masses in the landscape
Continuing to add color with large brush
Our wonderful teacher with completed painting.
We had fun! Tomorrow I will show you my painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!