Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Seed Container

Resting On Red, 6 x 6 " oil on archival panel, ©2014, Fay Terry

SOLD

I have brought quite a few pine cones into my studio and I am beginning to see numerous seeds on the floor that have fallen out of them.  The paper thin seeds have wings which aids in dissemination by the wind.  They are also spread by birds and squirrels. Sometimes the cones are also full of insects, but I don't think I have to worry about that since we have had so much freezing weather recently.

Painting these is like putting a puzzle together and it is fun because of all the value changes. (light and dark areas).
I am enjoying this series and I appreciate all of your comments. Thanks for viewing my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!