Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Coastal Bounty

Carolina Crab, 6 x 6 " oil on archival panel, ©2013, Fay Terry

$100

This was really fun to paint and I was timing it while trying to paint quickly.  I used only three colors plus white. I used Cerulean blue, Cad red light, and cad yellow medium. I often use Cerulean and Cad red light  to make some nice greys but this is the first time I've used the three colors together.

Did you know that if the live crab spends some time in the fridge, it will not move around much while it's posing for you? The other way is something my husband's grandfather taught him years ago down in Little River, SC. You can rub the underside of the crab and put it completely to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. So did you chill your crab or rub it's belly to get such a good painting? Great job on the timed exercise. He does look fresh.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I read each and every one of them!